If you are planning a holiday in Barcelona, Spain, you might be overwhelmed with the amount of things there are to do and see there. Here is Mesmo’s list of the top 10 things to do while on holiday in Barcelona:
1) The Barceló Raval- a cosmopolitan hotel in the heart of Barcelona city, the Barceló Raval is close to everything a tourist in Barcelona could want. From local restaurants, bars and shops, to cultural landmarks including Plaza Catalonia, the Liceu theatre, the famous Boquería food market and the Cathedral, there is always something to see and do. 10 % discount with Mesmo.
2) Polaroid Bar- this 80’s-themed local bar attracts all types. From locals to expats, you will always find good drinks at great prices at Polaroid!
3) Tantarantana Restaurant- offering Mediterranean cuisine, Tantarantana is a classic Spanish tavern with two terraces, one in the Tantarantana street and the other in the Allada Vermell square.
4) Sidecar Factory Club- this hip disco is the centre of Barcelona nightlife and always draws a vibrant and eclectic crowd. Stop in for some local rock, punk, indie, experimental and alternative music.
5) Cafe Poetique Le Jardin- one of Barcelona’s most popular and elegant restaurants, Cafe Poetique Le Jardin offers a wide range of classic and modern French cuisine.
6) Bunkers Del Carmel- these old military bunkers from the Spanish civil war are the perfect spot to watch the sunset with a bottle of wine someone special. The Bunkers Del Carmel are not very well known to tourists and you might find that you have it all to yourself during the weekdays.
7) Labyrinth Park Of Horta- with perfectly trimmed hedges and an impressive labyrinth which some might find challenging, the Labyrinth Park Of Horta takes you back in time to the 18th century when the estate was built.
8) Outdoor Cinema In Montjuic- during July and the first part of August, you can enjoy the warm Barcelona sun as you watch your favourite films outside. The Outdoor Cinema In Montjuic is surrounded by beautiful scenery and offers decent food and drink.
9) Flamenco On Robador- while Flamenco isn’t traditionally from Barcelona, the touristy areas offer Flamenco shows that are typically overpriced and crowded. Robador, however, offers a much more authentic Flamenco show that only costs €4 is a lot more fun to experience!
10) Castelldefels Beach- Barcelona has some of the EU’s best beaches and Castelldefels Beach is the best of the best. Castelldefels is a small town offering authentic paella on the beach and some incredible sunsets.
Download The Mesmo App Today
Mesmo is an innovative travel app for the iOS and Android platforms and it lets you rediscover places in your city and beyond. You can find people’s top local recommendations in just a couple clicks, then tag and share them with the Mesmo community. With the City Explorer (re)discover places in your city and beyond. Find people’s top 10 recommendations in 2 clicks. Earn points by adding great recommendations and then tag & share them with friends & family. Download the app today.
For more holiday travels and adventures, visit Mesmo today and download their easy to use travel app that will make you feel like a local in any city in the world!
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.0